Monday, January 14, 2008

Heartbreakers, all of them.

My life is simple, with simple pleasures. One of these pleasures is watching my favorite reality shows on reruns. Today while watching "Rock of Love Two" (starring Poisons front man Brett Mic heals) VH1 took me to commercial. Here comes one of Dr. Peppers clever "it's diet, but it taste like candy" commercials for Diet Dr. Pepper, but wait this one was extra special. It was for a new Diet Dr. Pepper, Cherry Chocolate Diet Dr. Pepper. Now any consumer worth their weight in fountain drink gold will know this is definitely a special edition drink without even having to see the "limited edition" tag. Because of this I am steering clear. I don't need to get attached to another delicacy only to have it ripped nastily away by some old board room biddy, not again. RIP: Crystal Pepsi, Coca Cola C2, and Black Cherry Vanilla Coke. All three of these major hits to my soda pop lifestyle, but the cruelest of all was the sudden cut off of Mountain Dew Pitch Black. The king of nightlife pop. The abrupt end to my mountain Dew grape soda almost killed me. Every summer my heart beats a little faster seeing 7-11 carrying Pitch Black Slurpee's, but this is just a tease. Therefore I will never try Chocolate Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper, it just isn't worth the heart break.

7 comments:

Aubree said...

Emily I am so proud of you for taking this big step in your life. The whole facebook thing is foreign language to me so this will be much easier. I full heartedly agree with your comments. I'm pretty sure that as long as BYU Nauvoo is around orange fanta soda will be on the market.

erica said...

Well Miss Emma Lou...I can't say I am as brave as you. I often want to blog myself and get scared! Maybe one day I will get a blog. But for now I have fully enjoyed the first post of your blog and hope there is more to come. You are simply one of the most unique and greatest people I know! LOVE YOU! What about Mellow Yellow??? haha just kidding we mostly just liked that song huh!

Traci said...

Emily- I found your blog through your sister's... Enough about Dr.Pepper (although ironically enough it was Dr.Winder who suggested to me that I try the black cherry vanilla DP)- let's talk about Bret Michaels! This batch of girls is even worse than the others. I'm not even sure some of them ARE girls. (mostly that French one)Yuck.

kimmy girl said...

ok. you are a blogging genius. you must blog more. you could even add it to your whats best about me list. i bet that list has tripled since i left and you went and got yourself a man. could you maybe blog about what is best about you?? i love you.

Mandy said...

Hi Hutch, lets go to lunch or dinner. You need to call me. I'm glad your back to blogging. And I can't wait to see your ring!!!

emilyhutchison said...

Traci- I got your comment. I don't know how to email you back, but I have a lot of opinions about this. A LOT. How do I contact you?!

Traci said...

Oh Emily- I just checked your blog again and saw your comment... email me at tracisutherland@hotmail.com. Ce la vie' Angelique! gross.