Friday, March 13, 2009

Near and far.

I am in a serious abusive relationship, luckily it isn't currently with a person. It's with text messaging. I love certain things about the text messaging. I hate so many more things about it. One of the best days of my life was the day I discovered google text ( I can get weather info at anytime!). That day only to be topped by the day I was introduced to Cha-Cha. Text messaging is so convenient. It makes staying in touch easier. Sometimes I think I am even way funnier on text message, but then there are other times when I don't translate at all over text. Texting goes like this for me. 1)Think of a response to the question/statement sent. 2)Try and be funny. 3) Write text. 4) Read text out loud. 5) Send text. I would guess that maybe once a week a sixth step of also getting approval of text message from a friend before sending is also added. Unfortunately there are too many times I send my text without properly thinking. Sometimes the message doesn't translate to funny, I'm pretty sure it just sounds abrasive. Oh and I always get much too bold over text. This is a true story; I had a decent sized crush on a boy who would occasionally take me to dinner. Anyway, over time I found out he had a on again/off again girlfriend, thus making it impossible for him to fall in love with me. One night, fairly late I decided to send him this text message, "I know you love your girlfriend, or whatever, but I know you would have more fun with me." WHA-WHAT? Why would I do that? I'll tell why, because I could. I could easily send him a message making such a bold statement because it was over text. I can do anything over text, I'm invincible. Well, invincible for a very brief amount of time, then I go down in flames. It is usually a 6 to 7 minute time span before I realize what I just did. I always regret it. It takes several hours and many friends to talk me out of the texting shame. Text messaging has ruined my life, several times over, but that doesn't stop me from loving it.

4 comments:

noelle regina said...

i remember that text ... and you definitely didn't ask the roomies (step 6) ... but it sure is funny.

L.B. said...

Step 6: You asked me, and I approved!

erica said...

That text is hilarious! What did the boy say back? Oh, actually you are right Emily I would have more fun with you, screw love...can I come over and make out?? haha

Shea McGee said...

well now we're out. i stalk you too. xoxo-S