Monday, April 21, 2008

Little Lady Day

Three reasons my life falls somewhere on the scale of OK to awesome.
1. Due to the amount of free time recently acquired, I was able to help my roommate Jana make a movie with her BF, Billy. True fact: I am an incredible hula hooper/actress. Here is a link to the movie we made http://www.beautyandthebeastmaster.blogspot.com/. There is one part of this short film where I seem to be legitimately mentally handicapped, see if you can guess it. Jana wanted to do something a little extra special for her parents because she is graduating (lucky), so this one is for Fritz and Gwen. Oh and yes, Jana's parents do love gangsta rap and girls lounging on Beetles, so don't judge me.
2. In exactly seven hours my finals are OVER. In the past week I've written over 62 pages of original work, and I'm not even an English major anymore. At 6 in the AM I will be at the UVSC taking a final. 6 AM is in six and a half hours. I should be asleep, but as of late I've been a bit of an insomniac, I know, I don't like it any better than you do. So if anyone wants to chat "after hours" give me a call. I'll be up and I have free minutes.
3. I have a wonderful man as a father who is flying me to spend my one week break from school in the land of dairy, alcohol, and sisters. I also get to meet new baby Duncan and hang with my favourite girl Grace. I am so happy I get to see my family, thanks President. I've heard that baby Duncan is adorable, but I'll be the judge of that. Conclusions forthcoming.
And a number 4( just for good measure). This last week I killed a spider. With a tissue not a vacuum. Also on Saturday a wolf spider crawled on my leg and all I did was brush it off, anxiety attack free, Winter of Emily is over. Spring of Emily has now begun.

5 comments:

Kent Breard III said...

Wolf Spider conquests
actress duty
and
Aunty Em

life sounds magical...

Spring of Emily is a revolution.

Anonymous said...

Just found out about your blog. So entertained. I love you!

erica said...

no words can describe my love for you in that video. my fav is you on the car. i wish you would make me a video!

Katie said...

Emily, you ROCK! I love the hula-hooping moves. You are definitely born to act. You've had some major success- killing spiders without flinching, oh yes. Bring on the spring of Emily!

Herrscher Hotties said...

Yipee for spider killing! I am proud of you.