Sunday, April 27, 2008

Welcome to Munchkin Land.



Fact: Baby Duncan is adorable. I think I am a pretty credible source on this subject because I've never been goo-goo, ga-ga for newborns. He is a sweet little baby with a good soul. Baby Duncan managed to find my ever elusive maternal instincts. I have never been this motherly in my life. Usually I think newborns are pretty boring because all they do is eat and sleep and occasionally cry, but I could watch Duncan just sit for a long stretch of time and feel like it was time well spent. I may have cried when I first met him, maybe I'm just extra sensitive right now or maybe he is a really great newborn. Grace and I have also been having a nice time together. She is a smart little thing and I am surprised/amused by her comments. It was her birthday this week and she got a USA puzzle with all the states, she has been learning some states. The other morning I heard her talking to her toy tiger and she told him "Look tiger, Hawaii", and it was actually the Hawaii puzzle piece. She also said to me "Emmy read Gracie different book." She's two and obviously a baby genius. She is always referring to herself in third person saying things like "Gracie funny". Lately we have been getting into some extreme rap battles, we both hold our own. So Milwaukee has been a great visit. Spring of Emily continues with the overcoming of newborn fears. I even feed Baby Duncan all by myself, but I don't ever burp him, that's taking this a little too far. I've added a couple of pictures of me and the kiddies. One is the baby hammock I made for Duncan with my blanket and the other is me and Grace in front of the house.

5 comments:

kimmy girl said...

hawaii...tiger...so funny. gracie is funny. i love it. and that dunc, he is a looker. love it. more?

Bethany Peterson said...

Em, you look really hot in these pics. I've been missing you. Come home.

erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erica said...

oh my gosh em...this blog almost made me cry. i love your love for duncan. and he is pretty cute, and trust me i've been seeing quit a bit of new borns lately! well i just miss you and love your blog. i wish you would post everyday.

Lindsay said...

Ok Emily...you can be the favorite aunt on Katie's side...but i'm the favorite aunt on Ricky's. Deal? Deal. I'm pretty jealous you got to see the new chunky Dunk and play with Gracie. Just makes it a little more difficult for my favorite aunt status. hehe