Friday, July 18, 2008

Peter Peeves

In my short 24 years I'm afraid that I have developed quiet a number of pet peeves. I've really been trying to cut back on the annoyances I feel over little things, and I can get over forgetting to use your blinker, I try and ignore the fact that you just used "at" to end your sentences, and I will even stop clearing off the extra seconds left on the microwave, but I can never, ever get over the public restroom intruder.
Using a public restroom is obviously never nearly as comfortable as a private bathroom break, but when forced to use the public restroom I still like trying to have some space. This is why when fate allows I take a middle stall surrounded by empty stalls. Often times this requires me to walk the length of the restroom, but it's worth it. This is where the dreaded intruder comes in. No matter how many empty stalls are in a bathroom this jokster has to pick the stall directly next to mine. This bothers me to no end in fact I would say it drives me crazy. It happened last week at Target and today at the movie theater. The restroom intruder totally brought down my post Dark Knight high. I'm going to try to get over this unnecessary peeve, but until then I will at least just try and make it my only peeve.

PS The good news is, my friend Traci at the library tells me they can special order Felicity season 2. Apparently special ordering isn't that big deal for the Murray Library, they ordered in Daft Punk DVD's just on the recommendation of one patron, I feel that many would benefit from more Felicity.

7 comments:

Traci said...

I forgot to tell you why we even have Felicity Season 1- because Spencer's sister wanted it- so I ordered it for her. Murray Library- serving the needs of Traci's family and friends

susie said...

I'm there with you on the blinker thing. Imagine if all of us stopped using our blinkers? Total chaos! The only reason it works for the 10% of people who "don't need to" is because of the rest of us who are using them! Anyway. Had no idea about the bathroom intruder thing. I've probably done that to some poor person. Frankly, the only thing I'm looking for in a stall is the cleanest one. But now that i know, I'll be more considerate. See the benefits of blogging. You are making the world a better place.

Love ya Em!!

brit said...

ummmmm, the thought of putting that much thought in to a public bathroom makes me throw up in my mouth just a little. we miss you, em. that one time we meant you was pretty inspirational. will you come to sg for kris and beth's open house? will you? will you?

Katie said...

So Emily, you may not believe this, but remeber that bathroom intruder you were talking about? That was me!! I came in right after you and Katie and had to go like no other. I just go in the first available stall that has actually been flushed. I am terribly sorry to ruin the post Dark Knight high, but some of us public pee-ers are focused on one thing-relief! I'll try and be more considerate of people who need their space. Sorry Em, but what are the chances!! He he.

erica said...

so what do you do if there are only two stalls? thought of you when i peed today :)

Gigi Jan said...

Personally, I never thought about intruders, just the cleanliness and availability! However, I too have some
public restroom peeves: how about when you put the seat cover tissue on the toilet seat etc. etc. and then before you even know it, the darn thing kicks into auto flush.... they are out of soap, or paper towels or worse ever, toilet paper....

erica said...

Your post just reminded me of another thing...how is Peter? Peter the Rabbit that is! Remember that one time you let me sleep with him because I loved him so much? I miss him...and you (a little)