Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New friends. Old friends. All friends.


I've been a very neglectful blogger. I have things to say, but lately I just can't find the time to say them here. That's all about to change though. I promise to give my baby blog the attention any newborn would receive. This is a promise I intend to keep. Now that I'm back to regular blogging there are many things to talk about. I could tell you all about my trip to Disneyland (it was awesome) or how much I hate it when a patient uses the big suction as a personal suction (it makes my job difficult), but why I'm writing today is because I need a favour. As some of you may or may not know today is the official start of McDonald's monopoly game. What fewer of you probably know is that I play this game religiously anytime we are lucky enough to have it roll around. Well how does my future obesity and empty wallet concern you? I have a deep in my gut feeling that 2008 is my time to win a big prize, no a HUGE prize. I've been giving the golden arches my money for so long, I've basically earned this. I can't do it alone (I actually haven't been technically doing it alone any year. You see, I have this friend "The Captain", he works on a "crew" who eat daily at McDonalds during game time and every year the two of us combine pieces), I need your pieces. I figure if I can cover the greater parts of the USA I have a real, real chance at winning. And honestly you are more than likely going to throw your pieces out. If my happiness isn't enough of a reason for you to want to give me your game pieces I've compiled a short list to try and convince you:
1. I'd be really, really happy.
2. This is a service opportunity for you. Serving others makes you happy.
3. You'll be receiving many good karma points which one day you can cash in.
4. I don't plan on saving any of my money. I plan on spending all of it, thus putting it right back into the economy and helping to pull this country out of it's recession one pair of shoes at a time.
5. When I win big I'll throw some money your way and/or donate to your favourite charity.

So maybe your my big sister who wants to treat her sweet little daughter to a treat, maybe you remember they have delicious treats at McDonald's. Maybe you're my cousin who lives in Texas with her husband. Maybe you realize that I know no one else in Texas and you're my only hope from pieces from the largest state in the union. Maybe you're my dear friend who moved to CO with her husband and now you can finally realize one positive reason to being in a different state than me. Maybe you're a friend from college who is driving through a few states for a quick trip or to attend a wedding somewhere. Maybe you're an old roommate who lives on the East coast and you love Diet Coke anyway and you realize that McDonald's has the best mix of syrup to carbonation around. Maybe you're just someone who enjoys "lovin' it" daily.
In the end you could be anyone as long as you give me your game pieces you're somebody helping to bring a lifelong dream into realization.

So let me know what pieces you want to donate. You can comment here. Or email me. I'll even send you a self addressed and stamped envelope to any location you may be in. I know I have a lot of funny ideas, but this is for very real. Help me out! 2008 is my year to win, but only with your help!


13 comments:

Ricky said...

I'm pretty sure that there's a state in the union that's bigger than Texas, Emily. It just might be the same state that shares a maritime border with Russia. It also just might be the same state that, up until just about 4 years ago, both you and your sister thought was an island. It's called Alaska (and by the way, I have a couple of friends that are living there right now. If you ask nicely, maybe I'll see if they'll go to McDonald's for you.)

Bethany Peterson said...

I can taste victory from your post. Yes, you have my vote. I'll text you when I get them.

Rachel said...

When I saw the McDonalds commercial announcing Monopoly time, I thought of you. We aren't big McDonald's eaters by any means, but I will be sure to save any pieces we get for you. Good luck! I hope it is your year!

Aubree said...

Thanks for making me think of you each and every time I pass a McDonalds now. They are everywhere out here. I'll send you some from Chi-town no worries. Chicken snack wrap, large fries and a coke here I come!

susie said...

Even though you chose to mention your cousin in Texas over your cousin in California, we'll still send you our pieces. Maybe. :)

Love you Em!

melimba said...

what?!
and I quote: " Maybe you're my cousin who lives in Texas with her husband. Maybe you realize that I know no one else in Texas and you're my only hope from pieces from the largest state in the union."

what am i? chop liver?

sad. sad. sad.
we'll see if I send you my monopoly game pieces!

ok.
over it.
i forgive you.

maybe i'll head to the golden arches for you. if you are lucky.

Sly Family said...

Funny, Funny, Funny. You and Cassie (Hansen) Pehrson need to get together because for a minute I was having deja vu. Cassie was telling me that this year is her year as well, but if I gave any of my pieces up it would be to you because your agruement is the best I heard yet!!!

Katie Irion said...

Emily, why do you spell like you were born in England? Over here, favor and favorite are not spelled with "u"s. Really, why do you do that?
Okay, I told you I wouldn't support this because I don't want the calories but because of you I've already been three times. You owe me like three hours on the treadmill.

Amy & Scott said...

I will definetely send you our pieces if we go to McDonalds. :) Thanks for the mention in Texas though!-Amy

kimmy girl said...

despite my fry incident i went back for a diet on friday and ive got reading railroad and arches avenue for you baby. let the games begin!!!

ps-you can only have them if you blog more regularly as promised.

erica said...

Em, are you sure your major isn't marketing? Giving personal shout outs to make people feel like they owe it to you to save their mc-nopoly pieces is genius. I even bought in to it. So far I have States Avenue and New York Avenue...let me know if you want me to send them your way.

Alison said...

if i lower myself to eating greasy fast food at chain restaurants...oh wait, i married Eric...

you can have my pieces.

too bad taco bell doesn't have a monopoly game!

Rachel said...

we have to split the money in half. so far I have B&O railroad, Marvin Gardens, and St. James Place.