Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We Built this City......



Rich and Deb have done it again. Right when you think my parents couldn't be any cooler than your parents, Deb and Rich move themselves even higher up on the cool scale. What did they do this time? Only make my everyday life a billion times more hip and modern with a birthday gift of this above pictured sweet, little nano. You see, I had been sporting an old, classic style, I-Pod mini that could not hold a battery charge if its life depended on it. Life was dull. Walking everywhere with no music, no excitement to my mundane routine. Those days are in the past because Oscar (That's the nano's name. I thought it sounded exotic, but still relatable.) is always by my side now and trust me life just got F-U-N. Oscar makes walking, exercising, shopping, and chores so much better. I guess it's not fair to give new nano, Deb, or Rich all the credit some old friends are also making those walks through the UVSC halls a new experience. So here's to you Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty and all the Heartbreakers, Carol King and so many other great ones. It's all the above mentioned that made it possible for my life to once again have a soundtrack and my day goes a lot faster when I can think I am always staring in the "now playing" songs music video. Life is so much more dramatic when you attach a soundtrack to it. Currently I'm starring in Don Henley's "Heart of the Matter" and I'd like to think I am doing the song real justice.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

i'm so jealous the new ones are so amazing!

Vera said...

If you really wanna be hip, listen to a little Johnny Cash.... Seriously Emily.... He's the best...

brit said...

mmmm hmmmm. mike had his luckiest day ever with a little nano just like that. he calls it his lucky nano, now.

Bethany Peterson said...

Em I miss your bod.

erica said...

oh my gosh all i could picture while reading this post is you as a teeny-bobber from a awesome early 90's movie doing chores with a walkman...dancing around and singing into the broomstick. you are my favorite friend!

Mackenzi said...

Hey Emily, it's Marc Enslow. I saw your blog on Aubree's and haven't stopped laughing since. Just wanted to say Hi! My wife made our blog private so send me your email and we can add you to the list. marcenslow@hotmail.com