Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memory Day.

This last weekend was a federal holiday and my birthday. This meant a road trip was on the docket. My weekend was filled with my two favourite engaged couples. Kris, Bethany, and I drove down to California and then Rachel and Rodney picked me up in Anaheim. Let's talk highlights.

Kris and Bethany-
Look at this couple, babe alert. Kris and Beth were the BEST road trip partners of life. They tell great jokes, listen to pleasing music, let me take as many bathroom breaks as I want, and they didn't even make fun of me when I cried while looking at the pictures of Ashlee Simpson's wedding (Oh give me a break, I'm not made of stone!). Kris and Beth are a stellar engaged couple. They never PDA and they always make you feel welcome around them. They are two extremely good souls who I am so lucky to have on my team (Yes I have a team and if you are reading this you better plan on being part of it. Maybe we'll get uniforms).

The Peterson Clan- Kris's family was nice enough to let us spend one of the road trip nights in their amazing St. George house. The thing about the Peterson family is they are generous, kind, attractive, and welcoming. They are all also exceptionally funny. If they ever had their own reality show I would watch it, love it, and hope to guest star in it. They are funnier than you, they are funnier than me, they are even funnier than Red Skeleton. Yes, they are that much fun. Not only did they give me a comfortable bed to sleep in, but they also had coca-cola classic and cinnamon poppets (small doughnuts) waiting by the door for our 5 AM departure.
Next up were Rodney and Rachel. These two are the most awesome. The second I sat down in the Hyundai it was joke central. They make me laugh so hard I think my spleen is going to explode, but I wouldn't even mind because we are having so much fun. They are a great/good time. We had lots of jokes, impersonations, and rap collaborations. Rachel and Rodney did their part to make my birthday a fun time. They took me all around Venice Beach, Hollywood, Santa Monica pier, and so many great vintage shops. I pointed out all the famous spots I recognized from MTV's "The Hills", including but not limited to Koi, Area, SBE offices. Now I will put up a line of pictures for you to view.































































Overall a very nice time was had by all involved especially myself. While on Venice Beach I had my fortune read and apparently things are going to get better sometime from mid to the end of July. I plan on holding Ra Rishikavi Raghudas to this prediction.

11 comments:

Bethany Peterson said...

This is Kris. The peterson family welcomes you back anytime you want. They loved you and your fire engine red hair. It was great having you with us and it will be one to remember for a long time to come.

erica said...

I'm Team Emily for sure! I'm a little jealous that you got to see Hills sights! I'm going through LC withdrawl and it would have been an awesome boost to get me to next season! And I hope this post isn't implying that your road trip to Cali was more amazing than the Vegas Road Trip '05!

Vera said...

Em,,(thats what I'm suppose to call you right?), I have been contemplating this for the last few days... I really think the next time you decide to me-ander to Venice Beach you must take me.. I can totally show you the olden day hippie attractions and help you spend your money on appropriate items. What do you say?

Vera said...

Oh yeah, and as for the uniforms, make mine an x-large. And another thing, I want a virgin mary quadalupe thingy necklace too. (very hip)

Bethany Peterson said...

Em. More like we should be thanking you! So glad you decided to join us. I really think you are on my top 10 list. Wanna make love in this club...

Bryan + Juli said...

Ummm maybe I'm really excited that I stalked you down on the old blog spot... you're a really good blogger! haha maybe Perez Hilton should watch his big flaming behind... you're stealing his thunder! Keep up the good blogging it makes my workday go by faster! (Yeah, I finally had to get a job)

melimba said...

ok, i will admit it. i am in love with em hutch and her blog.
you make me laugh really really hard. heck, even matilda is laughing when I read aloud your posts.
let's talk about my favorite moment from this post. you spoke of the family in st. george that if they had a reality show, you would love it and watch it and hope to guest star in it.
see, this is one of the many reasons that i heart em hutch. thanks, pal.
lots of love sent your way!
sounds like your b-day was rockin'. i am so pleased. :)

brit said...

Seriously....A team? Im so in. I too will need an XL. Thats the thing about the Petersons. It also explains the coca cola and the doughnuts. XL's all around. Beth is totally looking forward to that.

Fish Nat!on said...

i love her so much. also you

Bree said...

I only hope I am part of Team Emily! You are seriously one of my most favorite people in the whole world!!! I'm blogging about you today since you just turned my frown upside down! Love you Em!!

Gigi Jan said...

Em-your birthday trip looked fun and you are way too cool for me-I'm only your aunt, but I would still at least like a bumper sticker for your team-if not a full out t-shirt! I love you girl-like no other-you are matchless and priceless-your blog should go public all around and you could be a regular columnist in any paper-local or national-maybe even have your own talk show! I better be seeing you very soon....Love, Aunt Jan (if you take people over 50...please,let me be on the team -I could be the token grey haired lady!)